Tuesday 20 May 2014

Fuji Film Instax Mini 8 - review

Hi guys! 

Ok, I recently (January... But anyway :P) got a Fuji Film Instax Mini 8 for my birthday! Before asking for it I wanted to look on the internet for some reviews about it, but I didn't really find any which was disappointing. But I decided that I would take the plunge and just ask for it. Fortunately my parents bought it for me, so I was super excited to start using it! 

Now there are 5 different exposure settings that you can choose from: indoor, cloudy, sunny, really sunny and high key. When you turn it on there will be an orange light that will choose the setting that will be most suited to where you are and the weather. So you just turn the dial and stop when the little hole stops on the lit up setting. 


There is no way to turn off the flash, since there are no other settings to choose from. But the flash is what makes the photos come out so original and unique, because you don't know how the lighting will go with the flash. They are very easy to learn how to use which is great for those who just want an instant photo to share with their friends and family. It just takes AA batteries so it's super easy to get it working again after the batteries have run out, because AA batteries are just everywhere... Well they are in my house anyway aha.

I have the white instax mini so it gets dirty quite easily as you can see in the picture above, soo buying a darker colour will mean that you don't have to clean it as much. It comes in 4 colours which are white, black, pink, blue and yellow- where the pink, blue and yellow are pastel and very pretty. You can buy cases for them but I just can't be bothered.. Typical me :P 

Now the only thing I don't like about it is the cost of the film! It's really pricy- $20 for 10 at JB HiFi and Dick Smiths. I was fortunate enough to get a pack of 50 for my birthday (5x10 packs) but I'm almost out so I'll have to fork out a heap of money to buy some more. But it's defintitely worth it if you love the vintage look of them like I do :) 

Here are some that I took that I thought came out pretty good ----> 

 
As you can see, I just used a fine felt pen to write the date/event so I will remember later on when and where I took the photos :) 

That's all for now! I hope this has been helpful to you :) 

- Tianah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment